At Bandit Gang, the end of the year means the end of year interviews. All members are put to the test one by one about the events of the past year that shaped them. Private as well as business. In these interviews in which no mince of words will be stated, no taboos exist, sometimes harsh words are used and where you get a nice insight into the soul life of the interviewee.
Babyjosus: Salut Sikamouk. This has been an interesting year. How would you reflect on the year 2020?
Sikamouk: I have been playing Gwent more or less regularly for 2 years now and 2020 is definitely the one where I have improved the most. Now there is no time for a break because I still have a lot to learn.
BJ: You joined Team Bandit Gang as an Academy Player and got promoted to Pro Player after your top 64 qualifier performance. How have you experienced this year in BG?
S: I can say now after a few months in the team that I am satisfied to be a part of it. On the one hand, there is a good atmosphere, I would say, the members are welcoming and keen to help each other, it makes you feel good. Competitively, I am happy to be part of a relatively new team with promising players. We naturally find ourselves in the place of underdog compared to teams that have been established for a longer time and that instills a positive dynamic that makes you want to surpass yourself to find your place in the scene.
BJ: That’s great to hear. And what was it like to compete in season 2 of Gwent Masters under the BG banner?
S: I played most of Season 2 going it alone and finding out what being part of an active team can do competitively was a pleasant surprise.
BJ: Alone is just alone you know. Its nice to be with like-minded people. And what do you want to achieve in season 3 of Gwent?
S: I don’t have a specific goal, I just want to play at my best and hopefully the results will follow.
BJ: Alessio and Owiiii have left Gwent for LoR, did that had an impact on the French Gwent community? I know you guys are a close community.
S: I didn’t hangout much with Alessio, but I can say that it was mostly a big competitive loss for Gwent. As for owii, it’s true that I had developed affection for him, we talked a lot, he was the best French player when I started Gwent in addition to being super nice as a guy. He taught me a lot, the French community misses him in Gwent, but I can only wish him the best for his career as a Runeterra player in which he already shines to be honest. We love you owii.
BJ: Those are some nice words for owii. Is there anything that you would like to do outside of Gwent next year?
S: I did like to get in better physical shape.
BJ: Any new year’s resolutions?
S: I would love to dive back into reading, I read a lot in the past and have given up on books / newspapers too much lately. And why not stop smoking, it might not hurt.
BJ: Those are some nice new year’s resolutions. At last. Anything you want to say to the reader in anticipation of 2021?
S: Try to be a decent human being.
BJ: You heard it here KingDenpai. Thanks for your answers Sika!
Sikamouk's Top 10 Cards of 2020
10. Siege – I was really enjoying playing this card before the trebuchet nerf, doesn’t feel as impactful at the moment in my opinion.
9. Forest Protector – I am a big fan of spell oriented Scoiatael decks and protector was a great addition to this archetype, really solid card.
8. Eleyas – Nice elf pointslammy card that got even better with natures gift, also reminds me of the great TW2 quest.
7. Milaen – This card is nothing special but it just felt good to play before it got powercrept. Really like the art aswell.
6. Iorveth – Again a nostalgic pick because I really enjoyed playing traps when it was still a thing.
5. Gaetan – One of the new st movement card, really powerful, feels great when you slam it on the board.
4. Morenn – Step on me Morenn.
3. Koschey – This card feels really good to play i love it sadly there’s not many reasons to not go for viy atm for monsters but his time will come I am sure.
2. Schirru – One of my signature cards, played loads of Schirru games, i always enjoyed swingy control cards.
1. Scorch – Same feeling that i have with Schirru, got my first highscore with an elf scorch deck that saber did back in the days.