At Bandit Gang, the end of the year means the end of year interviews. All members are put to the test one by one about the events of the past year that shaped them. Private as well as business. In these interviews in which no mince of words will be stated, no taboos exist, sometimes harsh words are used and where you get a nice insight into the soul life of the interviewee.
Babyjosus: Welcome Xhanthiax, you are the next in line after Eva. So first things first. I know you have a great taste in music, any new music you discovered this year?
Xhanthiax: I discovered a lot of new stuff this year but I will restrain to three:
– And Protector, a Japanese rock band that I’ve been completely obsessed about this year;
– Servo, French post-punk heroes that have been rythming my life with their liveshows inbetween lockdowns;
– I’ve also been listening a lot to Turnstile who imo put out the best record of the year with “Glow On”.
BJ: I will definitely check them out and let you know what I think of them! And how would you reflect on the year 2021?
X: It was another strange year. I started it in a very bad place mentally but it slowly turned out to be a year of personal rebirth. Definitely not the best year of my life but I’m looking forward to the next.
BJ: That’s great to hear! And what was your most memorable moment this year?
X: Not just one moment but being able to go out again, hiking in the forests of France, Germany and Slovenia was a relief after more than a year spent locked at home. Just being able to enjoy the beauty of nature again.
BJ: And another memorable moment for you was to join Team Bandit Gang as an academy player after you finished your 1 month trial, how are you liking it?
X: It’s been a really fun experience to join the academy and feeling the progress in my game. It has been anything but linear, which got me frustrated a lot but I’ve scored a few top 500 spots in the year, something that I couldn’t have done without the help of BG.
BJ: How have you enjoyed the team itself so far?
X: I would say it’s one of the places that helped me heal this year in the sense that even though you’ve got requirements to play games, mental health is taken seriously and members are really supportive of each other when something might be wrong. I’d say I met a lot of friends in the team this year and even though members come and go from the team, I hope that spirit of supporting each other in Gwent and way beyond that remains.
BJ: I hope so too! Is there anything that you would like to do next year?
X: Gwent-wise, I will do my best to continue to improve, and maybe reach a top 64. IRL, I just want to get back to my life before Covid-19 happened, with concerts and travels, and I really hope it will happen in 2022.
BJ: Do you have any new year’s resolutions?
X: Trying to be more mindful about what I eat comes from. I want to eat more fresh and locals products and avoid super transformed stuff.
BJ: That’s a great one. And anything you want to say to the reader in anticipation of 2022?
X: Be kind to yourself and eat less meat, if you can.
BJ: Cheers and happy holidays!
*Xhanthiax's Top 10 Cards of 2021
*Xhanthiax started his top 10 with his number 1 (and onward) instead of number 10.
1. Cantarella: Still the best girl in town.
2. Whoreson Jr:The perfect weapon against new meditating mages.
3. Braathens: I just love playing my opponent’s deck.
4. Artaud Terranova: I REALLY love it.
5. Melusine I like the whole rain archetype but this card represents it well.
6. Gellert & Roland Bleinheim: The poison brothers getting to the top of the meta for a month was the highlight of my year.
7. Hubert Rejk: One of the worst card in Gwent before they changed him. Love what he does now.
8. Illusionist: That bronze is the definition of a cheeky card.
9. Messenger of the Sea: If you haven’t, go check out the drawings made by the ShupeTV community when they revealed the card, it’s hilarious.
10. Tibor Eggebracht: ALBAAAAAAAA!