At Bandit Gang, the end of the year means the end of year interviews. All members are put to the test one by one about the events of the past year that shaped them. Private as well as business. In these interviews in which no mince of words will be stated, no taboos exist, sometimes harsh words are used and where you get a nice insight into the soul life of the interviewee.
Babyjosus: We are kicking the series of with you Carrost. How would you reflect on the year 2021?
Carrost: Poifect! 2021 feels like aftershocks of the previous year. We’re all beginning to put the pieces back in place, myself included. It was an ‘almost’ year. That said, I think I’ve done some of my most solid individual growth this year, so props to that.
BJ: You joined Team Bandit Gang as a streamer for Gwent after you finished your 1 month trial, but have grown as a content creator since then. How do you look back at the day you joined up until now?
C: Honestly, I don’t put much thought into where I was. Early 2021 is such a heat haze to me. I do like that I’ve been attempting to grow creatively and professionally. I’ve done a ton of work that I’m hopefully going to be very embarrassed about in a couple of years.
BJ: How are you enjoying working on content with your teammates?
C: While it can be very difficult to coordinate schedules across every conceivable timezone, I like the collaborative experience. It gives me room to air out ideas before I put any actual work in.
BJ: Outside of BG you also have been doing voice acting, how has that been going for you in the last year?
C: A lot of building. I’ve been steadily working on my vocal range. Until I get my (expensive) character demo recorded I won’t be seeing a lot of work come my way, unfortunately, but with some effort next year will be better!
BJ: I know that you recently became more busy now you have a job, how are you adapting to it?
C: I had to cut a lot out while I figure out how to be productive outside of office hours. That’s still a work in progress but I’m getting there.
BJ: Is there anything (else) that you would like to do next year?
C: Move out before I turn 30…
BJ: Do you have any new year’s resolutions?
C: The same answer goes for my previous answer!
BJ: Anything you want to say to the reader in anticipation of 2022?
C: I will be making more content. Whether it’s streaming or articles or YouTube you’ll be able to expect more out of me.
BJ: Looking forward to it and thanks for taking the time to sit with me! Happy holidays to you!
*Carrost's Top 10 Cards of 2021
*Carrost didn’t put numbers in front of his top 10, so we assumed it went from 10 to 1.
10. Toad Prince: MO needs removal something fierce. I hope this is a promisary note from CDPR that they haven’t forgotten us…
9. Sunset Wanderers: it single-handedly made my current go-to deck somewhat viable and it opened up another avenue of strategic timing.
8. Mushy Truffle: although MO arguably loses out in comparison to other factions when it comes to this card, it’s super fun to use.
7. Dwimveandra: My “actually decent” meme pick of the year. Initially I scoffed at it but it allows for some potentially wacky plays.
6. Mammunna: You may hate it but it’s the only card keeping MO even remotely competitive. Deal with it.
5. Alumni: Put down the pitchforks and let me explain. No, actually I’m not going to explain, I think they are cool.
4. Witches Sabbath: Cool art. Shame about the card.
3. Baba Yaga: See my previous answer.
2. Imlerith: because you can really tell that he’s trying his best in spite of all of the odds being stacked against him. Gotta respect that.
1. Predatory Dive: Dropping a predatory dive on a TA’d engine or a first play Fercart + DMT is my anti drug. No one has been respecting the dive this meta.