At Bandit Gang, the end of the year means the end of year interviews. All members are put to the test one by one about the events of the past year that shaped them. Private as well as business. In these interviews in which no mince of words will be stated, no taboos exist, sometimes harsh words are used and where you get a nice insight into the soul life of the interviewee.
Babyjosus: Welcome Decode, you are the next in line after Moriarty. How would you reflect on the year 2021?
D: The year 2021 for most people might have been a very rough year, but for me it was actually the opposite, after two years of struggling this year finally made me get up on my feet. So I’m very grateful for this year.
BJ: That’s nice to hear. And this year you joined Team Bandit Gang as a video editor for our YouTube after you finished your 1 month trial, how have you enjoyed working together with your teammates on the videos?
D: Absolutely! It has been quite a blast these past months where I got to work with teammates involved in Loreblasts,Beginner series, Bandit talks,etc. Apart from working with videos, it’s really fun to work on articles with teammates as well!
BJ: What have you learned so far when it comes to video editing?
D: So far, since the software I’m using is new to me only the basics as of now. Basics in the sense, transitions, audio level balance, blurs, etc.
BJ: I know that you work closely with Enzo, could you share some insights of that working relationship?
D: Enzo and I are like two sides to a coin. Our similarities are really uncanny, like whenever there is a project coming up our direction of that particular project will be in unision without different thoughts, it’s crazy!
BJ: Is there anything (else) that you would like to do next year?
D: I am planning to return to my music composition, but yeah I will be focusing on that too next year.
BJ: Do you have any new year’s resolutions?
D: I have stopped having new year’s resolutions as they never pair with what life throws at you. So I have changed the focus to “If you get an opportunity, do it”, that’s what I’m following right now.
BJ: To finish the interview, anything you want to say to the reader in anticipation of 2022?
D: Yes, I do! Thank you readers for your support! And for 2022, stay tuned for more content from BG.
BJ: Cheers and happy holidays!
*Decode's Top 10 Cards of 2021
*Decode started his top 10 with 1 (and onward) instead of number 10.
1. Shani: 20 F*KING POINT SHANI. Re-summoning a Ban Ard Student or Alumni in a short round is pretty strong
2. Raffard’s Vengeance: Pairs superbly well with Inspired Zeal as you can drop the card right away and zeal it to get immediate value. If left unanswered, the Crew ability can just smurf in a long round.
3. Fercart: NG needed a card that can bridge between Tactics/Spells/Specials with the units and this card does it perfectly. Very good card, especially in Enslave.
4. Mammuna: The point slam and the thinning that this card provides is pretty huge as it forces opponents to run multiple graveyard hate or Xavier, as Mammuna has many targets that can be used in combination.
5. Toad Prince: The Consume change from 3 to 4 really enabled monsters to have a very reliable control card that not only removes the threat but can also gain Dominance and trigger Thrive.
6. Mushy Truffle: Best location at the moment as it allows you to play the Bonded card of your choice and has a carryover with Froth. Enabling different types of deck building is always a plus for me.
7. Simlas: Double thin plus carryover from Bountiful Harvests is such a power play in a short round, especially if you can Filavandrel into Council/Call into Simlas.
8. Fucusya: Good old tribute to the Second Wind ability. Replaying a 10p card from the graveyard is so awesome and I love it. No, not with Rioghan, eventhough that combo is awesome, but with cards like Morkvarg: Heart of terror, Hjalmar, Champion of Svalblod etc.
9. Filavandrel: Many people undervalued this card at launch, oh boy were they wrong! The flexibility that this card brings to the game is insane. If you have the right amount of hand buffing cards, preferably specials then he is very consistent. Even if you don’t draw him, you can use Isengrim’s Council to create a Bountiful Harvest with a 6 point body on the board, Very flexible card.
10. Artaud Terranova: This card single handedly brought Spying status as a carryover value which is pretty nuts if you think about it. On top of that it is an Assimilate engine. Bonkers card.