This article has been edited by Babyjosus and Weevil89
Hello wonderful people! Looking for a horrible deck that will make your opponent break their keyboard? Look no further! Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the most irritating Northern Realms deck of all time – Vysogota on STEROIDS!!!
Basics of the Deck
Well, first of all let’s explain why this is such an irritating deck to play against – the heart of the deck consists of two units: Vysogota of Corvo and Ciri: Dash. Ciri is there to ensure winning the first round in order to get that sweet round control. What do you do with round control once you got it? You pass (most of the time). Simple enough, right? After that yo-
Don’t interrupt me please. Where was I…Oh yes! As I was saying, Ciri makes the job of winning round 1 much easier most of the time. If you go second and therefore don’t have the luxury of veiling Ciri with the stratagem, you can always use a leader charge to protect her. If the opponent plays a control heavy deck, you might even consider defending Ciri with Donimir of Troy, and this is where it gets interesting…
Renew – This deck runs Renew. Why? Well, Ciri is only good if she sticks, so you might need to play defender in round 1. Vysogota’s also only good if he sticks. If only we could play Defender in 2 different roun… Oh wait! This is where Renew comes in…
I’ve got you covered, mate. There are a couple of tutors in this deck that will make it much easier for you to find what you need:
John Natalis – This dude is good because he can get you the even better thing right below.
Amphibious Assault – No explanation needed.
Geralt: Quen – He can get you Ciri, Keldar, Berengar, or some bronze witcher. A must in this list.
Also, to put the icing on the cake, I added Yrden too just because I can.
On a shorter, more serious note:
The idea of making this deck came from a previous idea of making a strong deck with Ciri: Dash that isn’t Kelly. I thought she’d be very hard to remove with Shieldwall charges and to make it even harder I added defender and since I had defender, I obviously added Vysogota. The original deck contained Madoc instead of Renew and a few bombs here and there, but the current version just makes much more sense, since there are so many good renewable targets.
- Easy to win round 1 with Ciri: Dash and most times you’ll win it on even (regardless of the coin). You have plenty of ways to protect Ciri and it’s also fairly easy to get her on the battlefield, as well.
- Unbeatable in a long round 3 against a control-lacking deck and still very much favored even against a control heavy deck (in a scenario where you play Donimir, Vysogota, and Keldar, your opponent might be able to deal with one or two things, but almost never with all of them. Unlike your average Vysogota deck, this one doesn’t suffer as much from him dying because your opponent will still need to deal with other threats.)
- Griffin Witcher Adept + Keldar + King Roegner combo is a monument of points
- Awful matchups against Super-Duper-Mega Control lists (thankfully they aren’t too popular at the moment)
- Not having access to Ciri in round 1.
- NOT. HAVING. ACCESS. TO. CIRI. IN. ROUND. ONE!!!
- Ciri dying in round 1.
- Ciri being locked in round 1.
- Ciri being dealt with in any way, shape or form in round 1.
- I can’t stress myself enough to tell you just how important it is to protect Ciri in round 1. WHY? because:
- If your opponent wins round 1 and bleeds round 2, you’re fucked 😀
There you have it, boys! (and girls) I hope this deck will serve you well (unless you’re facing me) and just a friendly reminder – please consider upvoting if you like it. Bye!